Blackboard Submission Reminders for Students
The most common Blackboard issue with students is usually related to problems with submitting course work. Here are a few tips you can give them to help them understand what to do if their work doesn’t submit correctly.
Remind your Students:
- Blackboard has a 99.9% up-time.
- The biggest issues with student submissions is viruses and malware on their personal computers. This could prevent students from successfully taking exams, submitting homework or posting to discussion boards, journals, wikis, or blogs.
- Remind your students that Blackboard did not eat their homework. If an assignment did not submit, either go to the Technology Commons on the Ground Floor of Hunter Library with their computer or call the IT Help Desk at 828-227-7487.
- Remind students to check to make sure that their assignments, posts and tests have all submitted properly. If they do not, then they need to take their computer to the Technology Commons for assistance.
- Blackboard logs all activity so that if there is an issue we have a good chance of tracing and correcting the issue quickly. We can also trace if homework has been submitted, a test has been taken, or if students are browsing the course while taking an exam.
- Remind students to earn their grades honestly.
For more information concerning all things related to Blackboard, please contact Sue Grider at ext. 2258.