Improved Blackboard Support
To improve the Blackboard Learn experience for WCU faculty and students, we are modifying how assistance is delivered to provide more responsive and caring Blackboard support. After analyzing the data of the calls placed to Blackboard Student services and finding that a vast majority of the calls were being routed back to WCU for resolution, a new model has been put into place starting on July 1, 2016 and includes the following support features:
- A Knowledge Base to provide self-help resources for our faculty and students.
- A system where users are able to submit their own support requests which will be responded to within 24 hours or on the next business day.
- Help from the WCU IT Help Desk via phone or online chat, and walk-up support at the Technology Commons.
- A triage system that will ensure that system-wide issues are dealt with in a timely manner.
- The LMS Team in the Coulter Faculty Commons (CFC) is available to assist with issues or complex requests.
Please go to http://blackboardsupport.wcu.edu for the support information for faculty, staff and students. Please incorporate this information into your courses or refer your students to the Academic Toolbox in the left sidebar of your courses.
Additional Faculty Resources added in Blackboard
This summer, the LMS Team pulled together some additional resources, listed below, to help our faculty with their course design and delivery. These resources can be found on our Blackboard Support web page.
- Academic Integrity Module
- Course Frameworks
- Disability Services Faculty Handbook
We are excited about being able to assist our Blackboard users with our IT and CFC staff that truly care about the success of our faculty and students. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the LMS Team at email@example.com or call us at 828-227-2930 or the IT Help Desk at 828-227-7487.